About The CMM
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq (CMM) is a Tribal Council located in Mi’kmaki and provides services to the eight Mi’kmaw communities of mainland Nova Scotia. Our mission is to proactively promote and assist Mi’kmaw communities’ initiatives towards self-determination and enhancement of community. The CMM’s main office is situated in the Millbrook Mi’kmaw Community and has over 100 employees. The CMM’s Department of Aquatic Resources and Fisheries Management (DARFM) is currently looking for an energetic, mature, and independent candidate to fill the role of the Accounts Receivable Clerk & FSC Tag Administrator.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Aquatic Resources and Fisheries Management, and reporting to the Program Manager, the Accounts Receivable Clerk/FSC Tag Administrator is responsible for securing revenue for the CMM’s commercial fishing gear tagging business and overseeing the administration of all fisheries (i.e., Commercial and FSC) tagging and administrative responsibilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Complete intake of new clients through the established
- Complete and file clientele order forms for original and replacement tag
- Overseeing the administration of tags under Millbrook First Nation’s (MFN) Fishery Harvesting Plan (i.e., Lobster & Salmon).
- Maintain and sustain inventory control of all commercial fishery
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivable
- Track and process of accounts and incoming payments, in compliance with CMM’s financial policies and
- Prepare purchase orders for the current tag
- Prepare and issue invoices to clients as per company protocol and policies.
- Generate monthly financial statements, DFO reports and other reports detailing accounts receivable
- Facilitate payment of invoices by sending reminders and contacting clients with outstanding
- Maintain an organized and secure tag storage area that has been designated by CMM to store existing and future stocks of commercial fishery
- Monitor accounting software and systems to ensure proper
- Report any tag order issues to Senior Director and assisting with
- Maintain a digital and a hard copy filing system for the tagging
- Adhere to existing pricing formulas for varying bulk ordered
Position Qualifications (combination of skills through training, life experiences and education):
- A diploma in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent in a related field is
- A minimum of one year experience as an accounts receivable clerk or in an equivalent position of
- Ability to develop and manage a database for tag
- Ability to calculate post and manage accounting figures and financial
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- High values in teamwork, client service and
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet tight
- Willingness to work extra hours from time-to-time to meet tag order
- Drivers’ license, reliable vehicle, and ability to travel on short
- Experience working in or with First Nation
Why work with us?
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq (The CMM) is well known throughout Canada as a professional organization that is committed to providing a pleasant and healthy working environment for all its employees. As an organization, we understand that a great work/life balance is essential to success. As a full-time employee you can expect:
- An atmosphere that is both professional and family
- Enrollment in the organization’s benefits packages on your first day of employment with no waiting period, which includes Health & Dental, and Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Generous amounts of paid time off (Paid Statutory Holidays plus St. Anne’s Day and Aboriginal Day, Summer Shutdown (2 weeks), Christmas Shutdown (roughly 2 weeks), plus 1 weeks of discretionary vacation time (up to 2 weeks with 10 years of service).
- Social Committee, Staff Days, Staff Knowledge Days,
If you would like to join The CMM Family, please see below on how to apply for this position.
Salary/Employment Term: Salary range: $32,500 to $35,000 – This is a one (1) year contract with the opportunity for renewal.
c/o The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq PO Box 1590, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 5V3 Email: HR@cmmns.comSubmit Cover Letter AND Resume to: Human Resources
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Only those applicants who provide up-to-date CV along with Cover Letter and qualify for interview will be contacted. The successful candidate may be required to submit a current criminal record check. Applicants MUST provide proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.