Effective Monday November 23, 2020 all CMM offices are closed until February 1, 2021
The continue spread of COVID-19 in Canada and globally has understandably raised concerns for not only the wellbeing of CMM staff but CMM member communities as well. Considering recent events, The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq is responding in conjunction based on plans set out by the Government of Canada (Health Canada) Federal Health Act, and with the Province of Nova Scotia (Nova Scotia Health Authority).
Membership is working remotely from home as of November 23, 2020 – Monday, February 1, 2021, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Atlantic Standard Time. As a cautionary measure, membership will not be delivering services in-person to communities at this time. When the Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq reopens in January 2021, membership will reschedule appointments and community visits.
Membership does not have access to the fax machine or access to office telephone to retrieve messages on a regular basis. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. During this time of social distancing, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Work Cell: 902-956-4339.
If you need a letter written regarding Band Confirmation, Medical Letters, etc please email me your request with your full legal name, and date of birth and contact information (mailing address & telephone number). This helps when looking up your personal information needed to include in the letters.
Or you can click on the link below to apply for the Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card.
Please click the below link for the following applications:
- Application for Registration 15 yrs or Younger or dependent
- Application for Registration 16 yrs or older
- SCIS Application for Already Registered
- Guarantor Form – need to include this with all applications
New! SCIS Photo App
- The SCIS Photo App is a digital application created by the Government of Canada that allows applicants to take a photo with a smartphone and submit it online as part of their Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) application. Available to download for free on both Apple and Android smartphones, the SCIS Photo App eliminates the cost of photos and offers a convenient way to provide the photo required to apply for the secure status card for the first time or for a renewal or a replacement.